New Roads and Streetworks (NRSWA) courses enable both operatives and supervisors to carry out works to the standards of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991. This requires anyone who works on the highways to be qualified for the job being carried out.
We are an accredited NRSWA training provider – offering a range of NRSWA courses at our centres, or on your site.
NRSWA OPERATIVE – NEW ROADS AND STREET WORKS
This course provides Operatives with the skills and knowledge to perform operative duties in line with the current New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Act to safeguard themselves and others.
During this course you will gain knowledge and understanding in:
- LA – Location of underground apparatus
- O1 – Signing, lighting and guarding
- O2 – Excavation in the highway
- O3 – Reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials
- O4 – Reinstatement of sub-base and road base non-bituminous materials
- O5 – Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
- O8 – Reinstatement of modular surfaces
After this course candidates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the New Roads and Street Works Act
- Select appropriate PPE to carry out street works activities
- Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others
- Perform the duties of each unit in line with legislation
This course is for Operatives to gain the skills and knowledge to perform operative duties in line with the current New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Act.
A good understanding of spoken and written English.
A mixture of classroom based teaching and group exercises with continuous oral and practical assessments.
The Street Works Qualifications Register Card valid for 5 years.
Our prices are the most competitive in the market!
Full 5 Day Course £695 + VAT
Book for three or more courses and receive great discounts!
NRSWA Supervisor Course
This course provides Supervisors with the skills and knowledge to perform supervisor duties.
NRSWA Refresher Course
This course is for both Operatives and Supervisors whose New Roads and Streetworks ticket is due to/or has expired.
NRSWA Unit 10 Training Course
This course covers monitoring signing, lighting and guarding and is suitable for anyone who wants to be able to supervise others.